Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Gym

132.2kg

I have been to gym 76 times since 1st of March 2008 so I think that it's safe to say that I'm a local. There are all kinds of strange people that I see there with the funniest personalities.

Last night there was a guy on crutches doing the super circuit.

There is also this SA Rambo guy with a bless that wears the same clothes every night. He wears black rugby shorts and a grey gym t-shirt that's too short for him and when he is on the rowing bike machine I can tell that he only has one shirt 'cos it smells....

Then there is this Chinese guy with his young son. The guy will do the super circuit in slops and socks and the son will cycle next to me and turn the adjuster nob all the way out on his bike, and as soon as it's out he get's of the bike and runs around talking to all the girls.

There is also a young couple that will come in and cycle on the techno bikes. They wont say a word to each other for 20 mins. Then they will get off and do the super circuit and leave. I don't think they can talk.

There is also a group of about 4 or 5 big ladies that gym together but they talk so much shit that they don't do any real exercise. I have learned that if you want to lose weight get your heart rate up and do an exercise for longer than 30min. It's the only effective way at the gym to lose weight. Once you have done that and lost the weight then do the super circuit and tone your muscles and stuff.

Then you also get the newbies, they are people that I havn't seen in the 76 times I have been to the gym. They will walk upto a machine look at it, adjust some weights and figure it out on the fly. They will do this at about 4 machines get frustrated and leave.... I love the newbies cos watching them makes time fly-by.

My favourite "gym people" are the quiet once that just gym... and I mean just gym. There is this girl in black. She is just muscle and she wears a Polar 625x. She is a mean spinner and she got the shoulders of a swimmer. She is not attractive or anything but strong and dedicated.

You also get the super sexy "gym bunnies" they can be spotted a mile away and wear designer gym outfits. They are well toned and always got a Ipod and they never sweat. I am sure that they are employed by the gym.

Anyway who knows maybe someone wrote something about me in their blog. For all I know I could be the big guy on the spinning bike every morning and every night. But I know one thing.... I have made a change and decided to live a healthy lifestyle and by doing so have lost 23.8kg.

No comments: