Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday MTB fun

Well well.

Called John this morning and decided to go for a ride this morning at 10. When I opened the garage door I realized that I still have a puncture to fix from last weekends ride... so off came the wheel and out came the patch kit.... it's been along time since I've fixed a puncture but as soon as I smelled the glue all the memories came back to me.... it was a very emotional puncture repair..hehehe

Our ride started at Elliott centre and we went all the way to William Moffet and back then down to Dodds farm and over Target Kloof down to Brickmakers. That was 15km and my legs still had the memory of Saturday's Marive Drive ride. We then headed back and just as we crossed Target Kloof down to the river John's disc brakes started screaming and guess what..... he front wheel had come loose...hehehehe it was a funny but scary moment.

We then went up the jeep track to the night race course. By now I was finished and my arse was sore. We had been pushing it the whole way harder then our previous Valley rides and finally yesterdays ride especially the climb up LaRoche drive caught up to me.

When we finished it was 25km at a time of 2hrs which include John taking a dog back to his owner after it followed us for about 1.5km.

Colin called this afternoon to go spinning so I thought it will be a nice chance to get the legs loose so I put in a easy 50min to end it off.

Now I'm having nice bean soup and I'm going to sleep late in the am.

No comments: